The wisest and richest human being who ever walked this earth, King Solomon of Israel, said these things:
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7
That’s the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty. Ecclesiastes 12:13
King Solomon’s father, King David, who is known as “a man after GOD’s own heart” and also a great leader and warrior, said this:
Fools say to themselves, “There is no God.” They sin and commit evil deeds; none of them does what is right. Psalm 14:1
Thus, human beings who inhabit our planet can be broken down into pretty simple groups: We have males and females, and we have GOD-Fearers and Fools. The differences between males and females used to be as obvious and basic as anything can ever be, but even now that is being dissected, debated, and determined by high courts and science laboratories. So this post will focus on the main differences between GOD-Fearers and Fools:
- GOD-Fearers acknowledge GOD as GOD and His Word (The Bible) as truth. They proclaim that He is the One, True, Triune GOD who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; our Creator, Savior, and Sustainer of life.
- Fools make up a god of their own by forming an image, fabricating a notion, or formulating a scheme within their own imagination.
- GOD-Fearers attribute all that is good, right, beautiful, and true to GOD.
- Fools give credit to Mother Nature, Father Time, Lady Luck, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy – just to name a few.
- GOD-Fearers admit dependence upon GOD, openly surrender control to Him, and yield their free will to His will.
- Fools boast of their independence, strive for power, and force their will upon others.
- GOD-Fearers accept that GOD is sovereign in all matters – the good, bad, and ugly, as well as life and death. They allow and invite GOD to work through all things for their good and His glory whether or not they agree with or understand why.
- Fools panic, complain, and attempt to control and manipulate situations and circumstances in order to “fix” things and “avoid” all pain and strain, so they forfeit their opportunities to grow and develop through such happenings.
- GOD-Fearers worship GOD. They give Him thanks and praise for who He is and for what He does.
- Fools worship and praise the things GOD created – nature; people who are popular, powerful, and peculiar; and themselves.
So what group are you in – GOD-Fearers or Fools?